Turn on 2-Step Verification
With 2-Step Verification (also known as two-factor authentication), you add an extra layer of security to your account in case your password is stolen. After you set up 2-Step Verification, you’ll sign in to your account in two steps using:
- Something you know, like your password
- Something you have, like your phone
Activate 2-Step Verification
- Open your Google Account.
- In the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification Get started.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
Your account, firstname.lastname@example.org, is associated with McQuaid Jesuit. You may also follow the same steps to secure your personal Google Account.
In effort to consolidate apps and reduce confusion, we recommend using the Microsoft authenticator app for both your Microsoft and Google accounts: Apple (iPhone / iPad) Android (Google store)